Friday, August 1, 2008

Addicted to Kale


There could be a lot of worse things to be addicted to. I'm addicted to kale. Today, I've consumed an inordinate amount with reckless abandon, not even stopping to consider the consequences of my actions.

Up until today kale was something you garnished a chicken tenders basket with. It was something you dared a friend to eat. Now, I can't get enough of the leafy green goodness. For those wishing to start a kale habit, I have the recipe for you.

"Kale Chips"

3 T olive oil
2 T apple cider vinegar
2 T agave nectar
1 t salt
1.5t garlic powder
1/8-1/4 t cayenne pepper
1 medium buch kale, washed, stemmed and chopped into 1 inch pieces.

Preheat oven to 350. Mix all ingredients except kale in a bowl. In a large bowl, toss kale in the dressing to coat it. Spread kale onto a baking sheet in a single layer. Bake 8-10 minutes then toss the kale and cook for another 7-8 minutes.

To give credit to the genius who came up with this I give credit to Delicious Living Magazine.

No comments: