Sunday, August 31, 2008

Yin Yang

I've recently recapped some of the Yin Yang from my experiences so far and decided to post some of them here.


YIN-I’m allergic to everything in Iowa.

YANG- I have really good insurance and I pay next to nothing for it.

YIN-I don’t have many friends yet.

YANG- I’ve kept a very clean apartment and I have many acquaintances that may soon become my friends.

YIN-There are high expectations and heavy workloads for my courses.

YANG- I’m actually excited about everything I’m learning.

YIN- I have a few of those annoying students in one class who ask way too many irrelevant questions.

YANG- I’m not one of those students.

YIN-I don’t have the mountains as a geographic reference directing me west.

YANG- I have a lot of cornfields to indicate that I’ve probably gone too far.

YIN- I miss the Sunflower Market.

YANG- I LOVE the farmer’s markets here.

YIN- I am going to have to surrender my Colorado ID and tags for Iowa ID and tags

YANG- Crap, I got nothing.

YIN- I totally miss everyone back in Denver

YANG- I really do like what I’m doing here.

No comments: