I did. I bought orthopedic shoes...they aren't just any orthopedic shoes, they are Danskos, my favorite shoes ever. My personal philosophy is that you are only as happy as your feet are. My feet have been grumpy lately, sore and tired. As I was packing my shoes today, I realized that the shoes that have provided the most satisfaction, the shoes that have been around the longest, and provided the most support were my Danskos. In need of campus walking shoes, I headed to the local orthopedic store and bought some "American Podiatric Medical Association Accepted" Danskos.
The story doesn't end here.
In sharing conversation with the very attentive salesman, who seemed to be as supportive and sensitive as the shoes, we started talking about my upcoming move. He asked if I was moving a husband or pets. "Nope," I replied, "Only plants." Sheepishly he said, "If you have any plants you don't want to move, I'll take them." He and his wife (a nurse who also likes comfy shoes) met while tending plants. Immediately, I told him about my "orphaned" plant, that I really needed a home for. He grew more excited. I went home and returned to the shoe store, three foot plant in my arms. The salesman's face lit up and immediately praised the plant, "It is so cute!" He reassured me that he would take good care of it.
I'm so glad it will have a loving home!
Three cheers for plant people!
Wednesday, August 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment