Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Desk Aquired

I got a desk. It is a nice desk, a cream colored desk as opposed to the avocado desks and the eighties-schoolroom-yellow desks that were meant to complement the avocado. I can tell they were (are) complementary because of the matching file cabinets that alternate drawers in avocado and eighties-schoolroom-yellow. I realize I am mixing my decades and that eighties-schoolroom-yellow and avocado are not necessarily of the same time period, but it is the best I can do to describe the motif. My desk is the farthest from the door and nestled up against a wall. Plenty of natural light streams in from the five foot by at least 12 foot window that flanks my desk. Above me a bank of windows providing natural light as well. I seriously lucked out.

There is no computer. Evidently I don't need a computer to do my job. I'm fine with this. I'm curious to see how working without a computer at my desk will affect my productivity. I have access to an old one at the other side of the office. I don't mind. I kind of like being able to leave my desk to do computer work.

2 comments:

MJC said...

Natural light vs. computer. I think that you have the winning side of that competition. Or maybe it is time for a lap-top.

Leah Fo Shizzle Bizzle said...

no pic of the desk???