Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The Final Countdown

The countdown for the new semester has started. In one week, my official obligations begin. Today, I purchased a nice Moleskin planner to help me try to consolidate my many calendars. I've also begun a final push to get a project done. Because I didn't write a thesis for my masters degree, I have to do a project. At first I thought it could be like a 15 page paper, you know. Something "easy." Oh, no. Not so easy. Much much much more complex, with little guidance. I'm around page 15 right now and I still have a long way to go. My goal initially was to get this project done at the end of last semester. The goal morphed into "by the end of June." Now, I want to just get it done before school starts. But it is going to take some serious concentration and a concerted effort. While I technically have until February to get this done, I don't want to wait until then. I don't want this looming as I begin the semester. I want it to be done! As the summer winds down, I'm begining my warmup for the academic year-- working steadfast to get this paper done. In my good moments, I feel on top of the world and proud of my work. It my not so good moments, I fell like I have no idea and like I just want someone to throw me a bone or as I mentioned earlier today, just tell me what I'm supposed to say, write, do.

In other news, I discovered that I get to sit in on my horrible class that I had to take last year. I requested, not to take the class for credit, but to sit in so that I may have repeated exposure to the material. I suppose I'm satisfied with this and I do expect to get more out of the material this time around. And honestly, it is a releaf that I'm not taking it for credit, but taking it to relearn what I didn't get the first time around.

No comments: