I haven't exactly dropped off the planet, just writing for the fun of it has become less of a priority sadly. However, I decided I'm going to try to update with my daily progress. Writing a dissertation is, as my coworker says, "ponderous." Indeed it is. It isn't flashy, it isn't exciting, it is a long systematic process of learning, reading, writing, thinking, making mistakes, trying to predict the future, reminding yourself it's about the learning, looking back in hindsight, regretting in hindsight, and reminding yourself that you are YOU and not that student over there who seems to know so much more and be so much more capable than you; all the while avoiding inevitable job questions. Might I have digressed... ? PROGRESS! Yes, that is where I was going with all of this.
Progress for today: I drafted my IRB proposal (Institutional Review Board- Human Subjects protection-- making sure I'm not abusing anyone besides myself). I only left blank fields for things that won't be answered until my committee meeting on December 14th.
Tomorrow: Draft recruitment and follow up letters and perhaps a power analysis. Unfortunately, a power analysis is not nearly as gratifying as it sounds.
Thursday, December 8, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment