Monday, September 19, 2011

The Best Dissertation

I turned in a draft of my chapter 2 last night to my advisor; the first twenty pages of my dissertation. Lately, my motivation for writing, creating, developing anything outside my dissertation has waned. Forgive me for not having written in some time. I told someone today that I no longer have a to "do list", but more of a "dropped ball" list or a "fix it" list that has grown over the past two or three weeks from various things I have neglected. My appologies if you know you are on that list.

I'm motivated to get done with the dissertation process. And when I start beating up on myself for how lousy my writing is or how lazy I feel, when I just want to start all over, I just remind myself that

THE BEST DISSERTATION IS A DONE DISSERTATION

and keep plugging away.

2 comments:

Wendi said...

Thinking about you today. Sometimes I feel like my to do list is a "wouldn't it be nice if.." list. :0) I hope it goes smoothly for you and you can have a little fun once and a while!

Unknown said...

You crack me up ol' friend...I love your writing..even the short of it. I think we all have those time sin life...where things come easily, flow like butter on a hot day...and then when life overwhelms us with normal tasks - well the fun things we love in life some how get pushed back my leap years!