Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Nice Things!

I was told I needed to do more nice things for myself by a friend. Already, I do several things for myself. I always do my dishes, make the bed, do my laundry, go to the grocery store, take out the trash, clean the apartment, etc. I do all of that stuff for myself, but I don't do a lot of nice things for myself. I don't tell myself that I am thoughtful, creative, funny, have wonderful friends who care about me and for whom I care a lot about, I have a family that loves me deeply, I have a sister who listens to me, and I live in a state I am growing fond of (slowly), I am part of a faith community that values me, I knit, I ski, I walk if I can, I live relatively simply, I'm adventurousness but pragmatic. So today, I told myself all of that. Let me just say it was the best walk home I've had in a long time! Instead of beating myself up over everything I didn't do, learn, accomplish, say-- I went through the list of what I AM instead of the list of deficits.

Maybe a new resolution is to do something nice for myself everyday. Not because I earned it. But because I need to treat myself well and be kind to myself. What a nice thing to do!

So here is my resolution: I am doing one nice thing for myself everyday. Not just things for myself and not just because I think I deserve it or earned it.

And guess what!---I am getting a massage this evening! While I made the appointment last week, I couldn't have foreseen what a perfect day this would be to get a massage. I can't wait!

No comments: