I did not get the internship.
While I was a "strong candidate," they could not offer me an internship at this time. Really, I'm fine with this. I will stay in IC, maybe grow a garden, bike some, run some, work some, and recoup before my final year of coursework (!)
Today, I visited with my adviser for an hour. This is a special treat. Usually, I get a half an hour-- max. I was expecting to talk about summer options for employment, instead we talked about internships for next summer, course work and a research.
Good news--- life seems manageable. If all goes according to plan, I will only take two classes each semester next year.
Good news---comps. I have taken all but one class I need to comp in and I've survived. I will be sitting in on my Theory class again next year and strangely looking forward to it...sort of.
Research--- I solicited advice on research, looking for topics, ideas, research that can springboard me into particular career areas; a "research agenda" some call it. I'm feeling a bit lost with respects to research and realize that it can be a lonely thing to do by oneself. So, I asked my adviser for advice--- and her response?
I think what you need to do is follow your heart.
Not a bad agenda I suppose.
Wednesday, March 31, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment