Iowa is great for xc skiing. Not until I moved here had I really tried the sport. This season, I bought a cheap pre-owned pair of skies, shoes and poles for $60. The shoes have a comfort rating of about 30 minutes, and somehow I always stay out for at least 45 minutes, so the last part of every adventure is in varying degrees of discomfort, but I do always enjoy getting out and skiing when I do.
There is a special breed that actually xc skies. It is the same species that bikes on sunny days. I don't know too many of these people here, but I am fortunate to know one, T-. We had classes (endured) together last year. T- hails from the state that is actually farther north and even colder than Iowa, so he is always willing to head out with me into the great outdoors.
Here are a few pics from our last outing I wanted to post.
Lake McBride at dusk
Not me. T- on skate skies.
Me gliding through the forest!
Ah.... that Iowa sky.

No comments:
Post a Comment