Sometimes my life is like that of a deer. I tell people that if you were to take an aerial photo of my life, my tracks would look like those of a deer trail. I usually follow the same sidewalks to the same places, down by the river, through the ravine, to my office. I travel a well worn path. I and the deer rarely veer off course.
I got sick of the 'deer trail' around mid summer and decided I NEEDED to get out of IC. One afternoon, I shared my sentiments with a professor, who agreed with me. TO APPRECIATE IOWA, YOU MUST LEAVE AND COME BACK TO IT. Right now, I'm enjoying the 'leaving' part.
Andrea and I went to the farmers' market this morning and purchased the most amazing peaches. They wouldn't win any beauty contest, but they tasted amazing. The juice dribbled from marbled peach flesh and ran down my wrists. We also purchased some raw milk cheese which was fabulous. I asked Andrea to stuff my Christmas stocking with that cheese.
We took the dog to the kennel and soon we will be on our way to Portland.
Saturday, August 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment