Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Friends are the GREATEST!!!!!!!!!!!!



Yesterday was a long day. To illustrate my point, lets just say, I lost my glasses. Couldn't find them anywhere. Fortunately, today I found them right where I evidently left them- on the floor in the corner of my friend's office. Really, I have no idea...

This morning, my friend J and I set out before our 8:30 class to hunt down a package that was sent from a Denver friend. I'm wasn't really sure what was in the package other than I was told by my dear Friend William in Denver that I should get it from the post office as soon as possible. After fetching the package and making it back to campus just in time for class, J and I sat through our 8:30 class and then drove home. I couldn't wait to open the box.

Inside I found homemade muffins, shortbread and a wonderful letter from dear Friends back in Denver. Oh, yes, and there was half a German Chocolate cake, left over from a dinner. In case you want to know how German Chocolate cakes travel, the answer is, not too well. But I'm am so touched that you thought of me! It really means a lot that friends are still sharing meals with me even though I'm here in Iowa.

The baked goodies were accompanied with a written narrative of the evening accounted by eight attendees. I was so touched! I loved it!


I miss you guys!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is a picture of the CAKE?? Seriously? You said it got damaged in transit, but...I had no idea that it was no longer a cake. Goodness. My faith in the USPS is totally destroyed now.

-becca