One thing I like about Iowa is how accessible life seems. Okay, granted, I don't have a DSW or Nordstrom's Rack anywhere nearby, but hear me out. Friday night, my bucket list friends and I went to a UI track meet. While an indoor track meet is not on our list of activities we must accomplish, we have taken to adding things to the list after we completed them. Sort of a documentary and goal sheet all in one. Later that evening, I went to a CD release party some friends were opening for. C- had an amazing kazoo performance, E- was awesome on the banjo. Saturday, I went to a short play festival. Eight plays, all only ten minutes long.
While I could have done all of this in just about any other place I have lived, I am more inclined to do things here. Mainly, because it is so easy and affordable to do things here. I was laughing with someone today who moved here from the east coast. We both chuckled about how we get frustrated when there are three cars in front of us at a stop sign, then we realize how ridiculous that is! Seriously, get a grip! It is easy to get places here though. I have sporting events, cultural events, friends, grocery stores and restaurants all so close by. Since I've moved here, I think I've only put 8 tanks of gas in my car. Not that I didn't have such amenities in Denver, it just seems easier here to do things.
Sunday, February 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment