Sunday, October 5, 2008

Sweet PotatOatmeal

This blog is in honor of Jon C.

Yesterday I invented a new breakfast. I am calling it SWEET POTATOATMEAL!


I had a left over sweet potato, baked until it was very very very tender. It was so soft, you could spread it like butter. Friday night I put it on whole wheat crust pizza w/ chicken and squash (sans the red sauce.) Delicious! Yesterday morning, I still had left over sweet potato so I invented the following recipe:

one batch oatmeal
left over baked sweet potato (I only used a half potato for one serving of oatmeal)
a bit of brown sugar
chopped walnuts
golden raisins
1 chopped pear
a bit of salt

After the oatmeal is cooked add all of the other ingredients and stir, let it stew for as long as you want it to (I couldn't wait long- I let mine sit for 5 minutes)

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will you make me sweet potatoatmeal when I come to visit? Sounds yummy!

MJC said...

Jon will be happy to see he has inspired a new use of sweet potatoes.