




I don't know how long I will live in Iowa City. Neither do my office-mates. To take advantage of our time in Iowa City we published a "Bucket List" - all the things we must do before we graduate. It includes activities such as running through the fountain downtown, going to a sporting event and eating at a variety of restaurants around the city. I'm not sure how many activities are on the list, but it takes up two full columns.
Today, we checked off another activity our our list...APPLE PICKING!
Andrea was talking for the past few weeks about coming up to visit. I e-mailed her this past week and told her to come this weekend for some apple picking. She joined Sarah, Kathrine and me to pick apples at Wilson's Orchard. Katherine is a kindred spirit as we both wore our overalls for the event.
It was the perfect Midwest day to pick apples with delicious names like Spygold and Lura Red. I've become so accustomed to the five regular species at the grocery store, now they look manufactured compared to the natural apples in the trees. The woman who guided us to our trees told us they weren't pretty but that they would taste great. They were tasty! We snacked on a few as we picked our way up and down rows. Afterwords, we enjoyed homemade apple turnovers. Iowa provides an abundance of simple pleasures!

4 comments:
Karoline in overalls in the orchard...hmmmmm...this sounds like a poem title.
So glad your sis got to be there, too!
Love you lots and lots
Judith
K,
Love reading about your adventures. Miss you lots here in Colorado!
Pat
Bucket List for Denver:
eating a non organic genetically enhanced apple= check
Ya hala= check
Light rail= check
donut on the dash= check
not labeling a graph= check
I'm set.
I will be in i.o.w.a. first three days of break. I will wave to you. I will be in Douds?
miss you
I love the pictures! I am craving some apple pie!
Post a Comment