My mind feels like a stuffed closet. I imagine little elves in my brain trying to cram schema theory into nooks and crannies, shoving the door shut while neural network models tumble out. I'm not sure where the elves fit into information processing theories, but I'm sure I will learn about them soon.
I went to a presentation today given by a gentleman who is applying for a job. A professor in the department suggested I go, so I did. Afterwords, the same professor asked me two things I liked about the presentation and two things I didn't like. I said I liked a part at the end where he seemed to be real and excited about his work, the second positive, I thought he had a very ambitious title to his presentation. What I didn't like, was that he didn't label the axis on his graphs. As a science teacher, this killed me. Somewhere, there is another 8th grade science teacher banging his or head against a wall mumbling,
What does it take to get you to label your graphs?
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment