I used to be cool.
I used to do fun things. I used to go to plays, I used to do tai chi, I used to see independent films, read books that kept me informed. I used to ski, hike, hang out with friends. I used to have hobbies.
A friend told me that at one of her job interviews, the interviewers just asked a friendly question: What do you like to do for fun? What do you do in your free time? This was one of the questions she actually found to be the most challenging. After five years of a PhD program, this was the question that stumped her.
I realize one day, I will have my life back. But until then, I study a lot. I have approximately three weeks left until my comprehensive exams and I'm not going to lie-- I feel the crunch. I'm okay, but I realize there is much to do.
Did I mention that I am also taking ten hours this semester?
Sunday, January 23, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
You have a hobby. Don't forget Nixon.
Post a Comment