Monday, January 11, 2010
Edgy
The town seems on edge right now. There is no collective remedy for cabin fever. I myself bought a used pair of xc skies to inspire me to get out. The first time I got out, I got blisters. Grrr. Everyone seems to be getting on my nerves. I'm tired of my neighbors. And everyone else seems downright grumpy. Often times justifiably so. A coworker's wallet was spirited away from her office. A friend of a friend had a shooting in his apartment building. A man shoveling the sidewalk on the way home slammed his shovel against the sidewalk as I passed. I thanked him for shoveling the sidewalks. I do this whenever I pass someone shoveling. I'm serious when I say it, I appreciate it when the sidewalks are shoveled. "Oh yeah, sure thing." He responded sarcastically. I like winter, but I am ready for some of the coldness to melt away.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment