On our way to pick up my glasses which I accidentally left at the "company" holiday party, I stopped by the post office. I asked my friend from the department who was with me if she minded running my letter to the mailbox because it was more convenient for her to get out of the car than for me to get out. "Sure!" she replied, "This is exciting, this is what normal people do!" So true. This semester left me feeling anything but normal.
I smiled as she got out of the car and bounded toward the box.
Normal people...now that the semester is over, I can start feeling like a normal person again. To start, I went to the library to check out books to read FOR LEISURE! Can you believe it? Books to read for the fun of it, because this is what NORMAL PEOPLE do.
I went back to the office to show our department librarian and whomever else was around my books that I checked out FOR THE FUN OF IT! Memories of kindergarten show-and-tell came back to me as I told everyone about the purported plots of each story and passed around the books.
I came back home, lined the books up on my coffee table, and decided to take a picture of them for posterity. That is when my sister called. I told her about the books and how excited I was to read them and be a NORMAL PERSON who reads books for leisure and how I was about to take a picture of the books.
She was excited for me, but then pointed out that a normal person would probably not take pictures of the books. True, I thought. It might take time to adjust to normal.
Wednesday, December 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment