Friday, May 15, 2009

Checklist DONE!

Time flies. This time last year, I gave notice, and started packing my classroom. We are all in amazement and a bit disbelief that one year is down. When I was preparing to leave last year, I was commenting to someone that I was a little nervous that grad. school would be really hard. To which she replied, "Vacationing is hard for some people." She is right. My coursework intrigues and motivates me, potential careers inspire me and my professors and classmates make my experience (relatively) positive. Now that I am done with thirteen hours, I can say...It wasn't that hard. Hehehe! Yes, I know I have several major milestones ahead (masters equivalent project, comps, hard classes, dissertation, etc.) so I know I still need to focus and remain humble. While the first year certainly had its days of second guessing my abilities and decisions, I am content I am here and proud that I am doing this.

2 comments:

MJC said...

Congrats on finishing your first semester and on all those checks on your "to do" list! I hope you have a fabulous, relaxing, creative summer. If you end up in CO, let us know, maybe we can meet in the mountains somewhere.

Leah Fo Shizzle Bizzle said...

hey darlin!
so proud of you! know i am thinking of you often and love your emails and am so happy you are loving the PhD work. yay for finals being done!