What does one do when they have NOTHING they have to do? I for one got really giddy and did the following:
On Friday afternoon, I and two other office mates got a drink to celebrate being done. While we were thrilled to be finished, our energy level was probably not reflective of our sincere relief. All were tired and we stayed for just one drink. I headed to the library to check out approximately 12 hours worth of DVD. This is not an exaggeration. That evening I watched Smart People and then went for a swim. My health habits slid this past week with finals and my body was feeling lethargic from my convenience diet (there was one day when I ate Sbarros twice- I am not proud of this fact and can scarcely believe I am documenting such atrocity.) Swimming was nice, but better yet was steaming all stress away in the sauna.
Saturday, after I drove a friend to the airport, I picked up another friend to go to the farmers market. My latest discovery is Bok Choy. I love this stuff and right now, I can't eat enough of it. I also purchased some spinach, cilantro and basil seedlings and a cupcake (to have with lunch). A common way for my two bucket-list friends and I to celebrate is with cake, so we purchased cupcakes to celebrate the year! On our way to buy pots and soil for our petite new sprouts, I had to stop at the bank which happened to have CAKE to celebrate graduation. We don't really pass up opportunities to eat cake so we indulged. Shopping and potting left or appetites primed for cupcakes. Taking a play out of my mother's book, we cut the cupcakes in half to save the rest for later (its like two cupcakes!) Later that evening, we went to a graduation party with CAKE!
Today, I rode my bike to a meeting, came home and at the rest of my CAKE! Tomorrow is a friend's birthday so I will be making (can you guess?!) CAKE! CAKE is awesome.
In an attempt to...actually, I'm not even sure what my motivation was, but I joined a softball league. Mind you, I don't really play softball, but for some reason, I signed up to play on a coworker's team. In no uncertain terms I told him I was NOT a playmaker and couldn't hit out of the infield, he said that was no problem and signed me. The reason it is not really a problem, is because everyone else on the team is good and they compensate for me. My first game was tonight. With two at bats, I got out at first on the first and then again, got out at first. The second time, I advanced runners, which is something, right? I really was dreading the game. Actually, I had a downright bad attitude and didn't want to play. I was nervous the entire game, but had fun. I made an out at second and I only dropped the ball once. Folks on the team are nice and thanked me for playing (!!!) It is too kind of them. Really, it was.
Then, this evening I came home and watched High School Musical and ate refried beans and tortillla chips (Hahahaha!) What an illustrious life I lead!
Sunday, May 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Sbarro??? Twice??? Are you okay? Your stomach took that punishment! Yikes!
sbarro, and cake, and softball, in the same post???!!! i love it completely!
Post a Comment