Thursday, January 8, 2009

Well

I've been hesitant to write this posting for fear of jinxing myself. But, ever since I've moved here, I've been WELL. Usually by this time in the academic year I am fighting off my second or third cold. But (knock on wood) I haven't gotten sick this year. This fortune of good health is attributed to a few factors. First, and obviously, I'm not exposed to hundreds of students and their germs on a daily basis. Second, I am not as stressed out as I was when I taught. Third, for the most part, I'm cooking and eating better. Fourth, I'm taking daily fish oil and multivitamins. Fifth, I'm exercising more than I used to. It feels good to be WELL.

1 comment:

j's dad said...

You're partly right, "...I'm not exposed to hundreds of students..." I have heard that there are a hundred or so cold viruses. Once you get them all you are immune. In my case after years of teaching and suffering the sniffles year after year, after a while colds came less often till I hardly ever had one.