Monday, June 6, 2011

Spring to Summer

Spring has been lovely here. Unlike past years, it seems to have taken its time. Many showers kept the temps cool, the grass green and the flowers vibrant. The lilac and honeysuckle are amazing.

I turned down an internship this summer and honestly, I have very few pangs of regret. My summer job here is going well. The work is interesting, relevant and perhaps most importantly, if feels right. My work week is only 20 hours long, allowing for ample time to chat with friends over long lunches and the occasional lunch-hour workout. I could get used to working part time

Next weekend, Greg and I are traveling to New York City. Really, our destination is Coney Island. When India doesn't work out, at least there is Coney Island. Supposedly, Coney Island is going upscale and Greg wants to see it before it gets too polished. I have a friend in NYC I promised to visit. I expect it to be a great trip and not nearly as costly as India.

1 comment:

Greg said...

Just admit it--you canceled India when you found out there wouldn't be hot dogs....