Sunday, April 5, 2009

Impulse Purchase


I am not an impulse buyer. But this...this was hard to pass up. I mean, I could have chosen the bobble head gnome or the wheelbarrow gnome. I do love the wheelbarrow garden gnome! But I saw the mini garden gnome in the adorable blue hat and I had to have it. He even clutches the side of your flower pot! I couldn't say no. Whereas in Denver, I'd make pleasure purchases of place mats, pillows for my sofa or wine glasses, here I make impulse purchases of $1.50 mini garden gnomes to enhance my living quarters.

A friend and I made a spontaneous decision to stop by Walgreens on a Saturday night to play one of my favorite games (in 5 minutes find the three most random items in Walgreens- I get odd isles, you get even isles...GO!) Two aisles over from the Hannah Montana fuzzy purple guitar Easter baskets, approximately 1 aisle away from the commemorative Barack Obama dishes (WERE $13.99, now $4.99! Hurry, they won't last!), and two shelves above the ceramic blue geese sculpture, I happened upon the gnomes and well, you know what happened next.

I placed two mini garden gnomes on the checkout counter and the service oriented cashier asked, "Did you find everything you were looking for?"

Did I find everything I was looking for? Yes, as a matter of fact, I was scouring Iowa City in search of mini garden gnomes on a Saturday night and THANK MY LUCKY STARS Walgreens was open!

No comments: