Monday, May 17, 2010

Mile Stone- Half way done with the program- In theory

Lessons learned this semester:

1. I'm not as organized as I pretend I am. I'm working on remedying this and maybe a new piece of technology will help.

2. I have good friends in Iowa. That doesn't mean they will stay here. That doesn't mean I don't miss all of my friends everywhere else. That doesn't mean that I can stop trying to meet new people and make new friends.

3. I am not able to subsist off of processed convenience foods. I tried. I hated myself. Getting straight "A's" is not worth eating frozen pizza every night and I wouldn't get straight "A's" anyway.

4. When you toss and turn and can't go back to sleep because you are thinking too much, thank your mind for thinking so much and for all its hard work. Be kind to yourself. Tell it you don't need it to think right now and that it should reward itself with some sleep. Strangely, it works.

5. Your best is good enough and if it isn't then maybe that path should be reconsidered.

6. Things will get done. Sometimes by grace. Sometimes coercion. Sometimes because of amazingly helpful and caring friends. Often times by really hard work. It will get done.

7. Get exercise. You know you want to. You know you feel better when you do. Even if you don't think you have time. Just do it.


8. Pay it forward. I can never fully repay friends and classmates for what they have done and taught me. I can only pay it forward.

9. Perspective. It is rarely gained by gazing at a textbook or a computer screen.

1 comment:

Wendi said...

Love it. So true!