My hard class is still hard. Much to my chagrin, I started making note cards to help me learn/ review/ memorize. My wonderful friend, whom deserves the Gold Star Friend Award (there are several of you who deserve this award) volunteered to listen to me talk through my flash cards as we walked to school today. Not only did she volunteer to do it, it was her idea. Bless her heart! What kind of an amazing friend actually says, "You know if you just want to talk through things on our walk, you can totally do that, I'll listen." An amazing one. Not only did she listen, she asked questions. Not once did she seem bored to learn about covariance, correlations or reliability!
Funny thing was, when we both sat in statistics this morning we were both at the top of our game. It was as if our academic walk in primed us for the day. Our minds had performed morning calisthenics and we were tracking through the entire class. I don't know if J- is such a good friend as to let me ramble about theory every morning on our way to school, but it helped and I am thankful for friends who listen (even to seemingly boring crap I'm trying to learn.)
Thursday, September 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Don't keep us in suspense! How did it go???
Hi Karoline,
This is much more positive than the warm-up Tawnya and I had when taking T&T.
I would walk in to Design, and mutter an exasperated: "Jesus!".
All we could do was laugh...got us through the day.
(If you see here around, ask her to demonstrate; she pulls it off pretty close).
Post a Comment