Sunday, November 30, 2008

Rounding the Bend

The homestretch is here! I have three more weeks until the semester is complete. My checklist of things to accomplish in the next weeks include:

1. A ten page paper on creativity testing
2. An eight page psych paper
3. Four items to be written at work
4. Three finals

two turtle doves and a partridge in a pear tree...

I'm not worried though. A solid rough draft of my psych paper is making the rounds between three people who will provide feedback. My ten pager on the other hand... well, I'm not as motivated. It is not surprising that motivation is flagging in this class. Consider for instance, it is now December and the entire class has yet to receive MIDTERM exam grades. Lovely. Plus, I'm not really excited about creativity testing, it just seems something that I'm more interested in given my choices. It will be a glorious day when this project just gets done.

My psych paper though is good stuff. I'm learning about learning theories. Which has this Alice in Wonderland quality about it. As I'm learning about knowledge construction, I am actually watching knowledge structures take form in my own mind. Weird. Below is a concept map representing a tiny fraction of my mind...



I did have a wonderful Thanksgiving with the family and got to catch up with everyone back home. And guess what! I also hosted my first non-family guests! Dear friends from Tennessee visited via Madison.

I guess that is now...IC 2. Shanghai 12?


Today also marks the first day snow accumulated. Well, I don't know if you would call it accumulation, it just didn't melt away.

1 comment:

MJC said...

I love the map! Unfortunately, I disagree that everyone should have a blog. I think that some people (me for instance) are just not good story-tellers and thus are not interesting to read in blog form. I will thus have to procrastinate by reading your blog.
I am uploading some pictures from Ray and Rich's place (an other Thanksgiving day related events) on Jon's Picasa site. http://picasaweb.google.com/joncoole/TurkeyDay2008#
It was fabulous to see you!
Hang in there!